Saturday, March 24, 2007

We are moving...


dilbert03242007_management
Originally uploaded by Famille-DeVries.


Greetings All!

I finally get to mention that big news I mentioned in a previous post. Susan and I are moving to Mississippi as soon as May 2007, so in a few months. I get to mention it now because I have officially submitted my letter of resignation to CALS. As of May 04, 2007, I am no longer an employee at CALS.

Anyway, as to why we are moving, I have but to say that it worked out to be the best for the both of us. Susan is going to be working on her Ph. D. at USM and I have been granted a branch manager's position at a library close to where we will be moving. I will try not to act like the manager in the photo above. Susan also received some type of Doctoral Fellowship/Grant thing that was actually quite competitive. I believe out of the whole school, only two Ph. D. students were able to receive it and she got it.

Further, we are going to try to buy a house. I will be making more money and Susan should be making more as well. We will not be making that much more, but houses are a little cheaper in Mississippi. Anyway, we will be in Mississippi much longer than we were in Arkansas, so a house just makes more sense. Plus, we want to own something and have a large amount of debt hanging over us.

That is all for now. Susan may update this blog with better details on her new work, but then again, she may not. She now has her own personal blog at VOX, so you can check her out there now as well.

Good Day!

No comments: